Moving because of education is one of the best reasons to relocate. Even though this reason for moving is great, this doesn’t mean that the relocation will be easy. In this period of your life, you’ll have a lot to think about. Luckily, packing for college isn’t one of them. If you follow our tips and tricks, you’ll be able to pack and prepare with ease and speed, especially if you need last minute movers NJ.
No one will actually forget to pack their clothes. But, there are certain ways you can bring enough clothes and don’t overpack. Apart from this, you’ll need to keep in mind where you’re moving to. You should pack your clothing according to this. So, if you’re moving to Florida, for example, make sure you don’t pack a lot of warm clothes and jackets. Likewise, if you’re moving to a colder area don’t bring a lot of t-shirts and shorts. Also, it is a great idea to bring clothes for certain occasions when you’re packing for college.
- every day – most of the clothes you bring with you should be for every day. Bring a few outfits you can wear every day and a few combinations on those outfits. Also, make sure you pack enough everyday clothes that you can last a week without doing laundry. You’ll probably have a specific day when you’ll be able to wash your clothes. You should be able to last until that day with your packed clothes.
- special occasion – when packing for college, you should bring at least one special outfit. You might wear this for a special dinner, or when meeting with the dean of your college. Who knows why you may need it, but it’s good to be prepared.
- business – one business-like outfit will also come in handy. If you’re planning on applying for a job or a volunteering position you’ll need to look your best.
- other – other outfits you may bring with you will depend on what your hobbies are. If you like to hit the gym now and then, bring your gym clothes. On the other hand, if you like fishing or camping and your college allows such activities, make sure you’re prepared.
There are some essentials which you’ll need to pack when moving. It is especially important to bring these if you need the services of one of the long distance moving companies in New Jersey. When you’re far from home, you’ll want to prepare as well as possible.
As with clothes, none of us need to be reminded to bring hygienic items when packing for college. However, sometimes we can forget to pack certain things because of the haste and excitement. So, we made a list of absolute necessities you should never ever forget:
- toothbrush and toothpaste
- dental floss
- other toiletries – perfumes, hand/body creams, etc.
- nail clippers
Make sure you pack these last so you can keep them close at hand. Easy access to your toiletries can make a difference between a good and a bad impression you make on your roommate. Also, if you’re not moving far away for college, you can see the list of best colleges in New Jersey and choose a great local university.
Dorm room necessities
Apart from the items you’ll need to bring to keep yourself presentable and clean, you’ll also need to make sure you bring things that will make you feel at home. Equipping your dorm room will be one of the challenges you’ll face when you’re packing for college. Thus, we suggest you pack a separate bag of all the things you’ll need to have productive and positive dorm room experience.
- bed sheets and blankets – an absolute must! You should bring at least two sets of all your bed linens and blankets when packing for college.
- lamp – to make it easier for you to study in the confines of your dorm room.
- towels – you’ll need a bath, face and hand towel. Make sure you bring three of each. Having fresh towels can mean a lot.
Shared items you should bring when packing for college
Apart from the items you’ll only use yourself, there are certain things you could share with your roommate. There is no need to have two or three clothing irons or hair dryers. Before you bring any of these items, consult the person sharing the room with you. Make a plan so that each of you contributes something to your mutual living space.
Better safe than sorry
Moving and packing for college is a great step towards your independence. You’re moving from your childhood home and trying to tackle life alone. This will be a difficult task, so you should be well prepared. Bring medication and a first aid kit will go a long way in ensuring your college experience doesn’t turn sour.
Apart from this, you’ll want to bring some repair items with you. Make sure you pack duct tape, super glue and a hammer and nails. Anything that will help you fix some minor issues that may arris in your dorm room will be useful. Also, you’ll want to decide should you move during the week or the weekend in order to have a better relocation.
Packing for college: school supplies
Since you’re going there to learn you shouldn’t neglect packing school supplies. Bring notebooks, pens, and pencils, as well as any other items which will help you have a successful school year. This can also include a laptop or a tablet or anything else you may use to study better or faster. So, before you call your affordable movers in New Jersey, make sure you packed all the school supplies.
Finally, when packing for college you should never forget your positive attitude. Bring it with you when you move to this educational institution. Not only will you feel better, but you’ll also be able to tackle some issues with a better attitude. As we all know, if you positive problems seem a bit smaller and easier.